ISFPs are warmhearted, gentle people who take their commitments seriously, and seek lifelong relationships.
They are very private people, who keep their true feelings and opinions reserved or hidden from others. This may cause them to constantly defer to their mates in their intimate relationships, which may cause problems if their mates are not extremely aware of the ISFP’s feelings.
Some ISFPs who are in the habit of not expressing their needs and feelings find themselves in situations throughout their life where they feel overshadowed, overlooked, or even “tread upon” by others.
Highly practical and cynical by nature, these feelings may cause the ISFP to become bitter, and to either give up on their relationships, or to start using their relationships for their own personal gain.
Although this problem is observed sometimes in the ISFP type, it does not seem to be present in those ISFPs who consistently express their feelings to those closest to them.
These ISFPs have a very positive, warm outlook on life and love, and are not as likely to find themselves in relationships where they are taken for granted or taken advantage of.
ISFPs go to great lengths to please their partners. They’re very loyal and supportive, with a deep capacity for love. They detest conflict and discord, and highly value being seen and understood for who they are.
They need space to live their lives in their own unique way, and will respect other’s need for space.
* Warm, friendly and affirming by nature
* Usually optimistic
* Good listeners
* Good at dealing with practical day-to-day concerns
* Flexible and laid-back, usually willing to defer to their mates
* Their love of aesthetic beauty and appreciation for function makes them likely to have attractive, functional homes
* Take their commitments seriously, and seek lifelong relationships
* Likely to value and respect other’s personal space
* Likely to enjoy showing their affection through acts and deeds
* Sensuous and earthy
* Not good at long-range financial (or other) planning
* Extreme dislike of conflict and criticism
* Focused on enjoying the present moment, they may appear lazy or slow-moving at times
* Need to have their own space, and dislike having it invaded
* May be slow to show their affection with words
* Tendency to hold back their thoughts and feelings, unless drawn out
* May become overly cynical and practical